Author Topic: Ranset Fleites - Havana FIR Events Coordinator  (Read 7749 times)

Offline Miguel Angel Armas Cayarga - 813195

• M
    • Virtual Havana FIR
Ranset Fleites - Havana FIR Events Coordinator
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Ranset Fleites as the Havana FIR Events Coordinator.

Ranset has been one of the most active controllers in Havana since he became a member. He has very good relations with VAs and is highly skilled in promoting and publicizing. We are confident he will do an excellent job in this position.

Please join me in welcoming Ranset on board Havana staff.

Miguel Armas Cayarga
VATCAR Division
Havana FIR Air Traffic Manager (VATCAR12)
Miguel Armas Jr, VATCAR12
Havana FIR ATM - VATCAR Division

Ranset Fleites

Re: Ranset Fleites - Havana FIR Events Coordinator
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »
Thanks for accept me and for support offered always.
I hope, and I'm almost sure that work of the fir will be
A success. It was years that were expecting to see towards the fir again
Alive, and I believe that the moment has come . I hope be satisfying
Of deposited confidence on my to occupy this position inside
Of Havana.fir's Staff.

Thanks, Ranset

Ranset Fleites

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 11:55:23 PM »
Hi All,

For contact me via email, this is the address: events@havana.vatcar.org

Regards,

Ranset Fleites
VATCAR Division
Havana FIR Events Coordinator

Offline Aharon Dayan 1090798

• M
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 10:21:45 AM »

Ranset Fleites

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 11:55:35 PM »

Offline Juan Rodriguez 994834

• VATCAR8|DCRM
  • Administrator
  • M
    • VATCAR
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »
Miguel/Ranset,

Check with VATCAR2 or 3 about the hit squad that can help you with controllers from other FIRs to complete an event.
JC Rodriguez
Divisional Conflict Resolution Manager

• M
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »
Ranset,

Thanks for your kind reply. While all of you are planning an event for MUGM, I am going to make an evening flight from America to MUGM tonight to get familiar with this American area of Cuba:):):)

While studying vataware flight records of all pilots who flew from America to MUGM, I am puzzled by one thing. I thought that in real life, any American airline is not allowed to fly over Cuba. Am I wrong?? The main reason I am asking is that I have to create a realistic route from America to MUGM and assuming that I am correct that any American airline cannot fly over Cuba, I would need to create route to fly around Cuba to reach MUGM to enhance realism. I am NOT making political statements. I am JUST recreating flying realism pertaining to real world conditions.

Regards,

Aharon

• M
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 10:02:51 AM »
I have discovered real world route from Florida to MUGM to avoid Cuban airspace to enhance realism.

Assuming you depart from KFLL, it is BEECH1 BEECH ZBV A315 ZIN BYGON 1955N 07357W 1935N 07507W.

Aharon

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »
dont forget that flights into Guantanamo, if you want to be "realistic" are VFR, not IFR so youll have no ATC service other then getting landing clearance from the tower anyway :P

online tho you probably will have the opposite ;)

Aharon, overflights in the real world are allowed, you just have to file the paperwork. you dont have to do any of that online  ;)

also if you arent aware, Key West just became one of the many Ports of Entry into Cuba this week  ;D meaning you will be seeing a lot more flights to Cuba from Key West in the real world now  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:08:38 AM by Ernesto Alvarez 818262 »
Ernesto Alvarez - 818262

• M
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »
Ernesto,

I am baffled.  In Vatsim world (not real world), who is responsible for ATC coverage of MUGM?  Key West International airport ATC or KMIA ATC or Havana ATC??

Aharon

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 03:42:24 PM »
it belongs to Havana FIR online ;) since its a towered airport, we'll probably provide tower services for it, probably IFR services aswell, where in the real world you wouldnt get that at this airport as the airspace around it is uncontrolled and VFR only.

that one will be up to Miguel how we treat it, altho the FIR has had no issues providing services here in the past  8)

in the real world, ATC at Guantanamo is handled by a private company contracted by the military.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:53:58 PM by Ernesto Alvarez 818262 »
Ernesto Alvarez - 818262

• M
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 03:53:30 PM »
cool   thanks  I plan to make flight tonight departing from Florida at about 06:30 pm EST for flight to MUGM:):):)

Aharon

• M
    • Virtual Havana FIR
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 11:29:18 PM »
In Vatsim world (not real world), who is responsible for ATC coverage of MUGM?  Key West International airport ATC or KMIA ATC or Havana ATC??

Hi Aharon,

In virtual Havana FIR we are responsible for all the airspace over Cuban territory, as well as its national and international surrounding waters. MUGM is included.

Regards,

Miguel Armas Cayarga
VATCAR Division

• M
    • Virtual Havana FIR
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
I thought that in real life, any American airline is not allowed to fly over Cuba. Am I wrong??

Not only hundreds of American airliners overfly Cuba every day, but also some of them land and depart from Cuban airports chartering flights.
Only military airplanes, like those flying into MUGM, are not permitted to overfly Cuban territory.

Hope it clarifies,

Miguel Armas Cayarga
VATCAR Division

• M
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
Migel,

Thanks for explanations and thanks for ATC coordination covering my flight into MUGM last night!!!  It was interesting challenge to recreate realistic military cargo route from KFLL to MUGM using BEECH1 BEECH ZBV A315 ZIN BYGON 1955N 07357W 1935N 07507W to avoid Cuban airspace:):):)

What made the runway approach and landing more exciting was that the FSX default MUGM scenery had extremely tall trees obstructing view of four PAPI lights forcing me to rely on readings of my plane's electronic gauges to make accurate visual landing on runway 10!!!!!!

MIgel: Only military airplanes, like those flying into MUGM, are not permitted to overfly Cuban territory.

I am guessing that private commercial passenger and cargo airlines under military contract with U.S. military for ferrying soldiers or cargo to MUGM are not allowed to overfly Cuba.  Correct??

Does not matter to me as I am enjoying following real world realism using military route: BEECH1 BEECH ZBV A315 ZIN BYGON 1955N 07357W 1935N 07507W and it is fun to make tight 180 degree turn to right to MUGM while making sure not to violate or wandering into the border of Cuba!!!!

I would recommend to all of you to this exciting flight!!!!

Also, all of you controllers said MUGM has ILS.  I do not see ILS in FSX.  Is FSX wrong???

Aharon

Aharon